“Walang nawala, walang nilikha, lahat ay nabago”
Antoine LAVOISIER (1743 -1794) - Scientist - Founding father ng modernong kimika
Ang International Stress Association (ISA) ay naglalayong ipaalam sa siyensiya at tulungan tayong gumawa ng kongkretong pagkilos sa mga katotohanan at mga kahihinatnan ng stress (tensyon). Ang solong layunin ng ISA ay nagpapatunay sa pamamagitan ng mga katotohanan at konkretong aksyon sa stress (tensyon), sa antas ng indibidwal at pandaigdig, sa pamamagitan ng impormasyon at pagsasanay, kapwa para sa pangkalahatang publiko at mga propesyonal.
Ang pandaigdigang pang-agham na komunidad ay napatunayan na walang Santa Claus, walang masamang mga pagbabaybay na itinatapon ng Uncle Scrooge o Sexy Daisy, walang masamang mata, walang masamang genetiko pamana para sa kasawian, na kung saan ay tiyak na hahantong sa kasamaan. maging kabaliwan, malisya, kawalang-kasiyahan, pagkabigo sa pag-ibig, o sakuna sa pamilya (Dr Avshalom CASPI, Dr. Terrie MOFFITT). Ang mga genetiko at neuroscientists ay tiyak na pinatunayan na walang "masasama", may mga tao lamang na stressed (tension), alin man sa kapanganakan, o sa maagang pagkabata o sa pagbibinata. Bukod dito, pinatunayan ng mga siyentipiko na ang prinsipyo ng unibersal na matematika at pagbabagong-anyo ni Antoine LAVOISIER ay may bisa din para sa mga tao. Ang pinakamahalagang bagay ay hindi kung ano ang iyong naranasan sa mga stress (tensyon), ito ang ginagawa mo pagkatapos, salamat sa neuroplasticity ng iyong utak, sa pagbabago ng iyong kasaysayan, salamat sa iyong panlabas na pag-aaral at ang iyong mga mapagkukunang pangkapaligiran. Narito ang mga pangunahing susi sa pag-unawa at pagkilos nang sama-sama.
Stress a sign of tension or well-being
Stress is a rigidity in the body and mind that tells us something about the fulfilling of our needs, the expression of our emotions and the quality of our relations. It provides a sense of contentment or relief via the neuro-vegetative nervous system. In our brains, it is connected to fear (menace, danger, the unknown, trust) and moral conscience (empathy, contempt, memory, childhood memories, refusal to accept reality) via the amygdalae, hippocampus and the insular cortex (Dr Joseph Ledoux, Dr Gerhard Roth). Stress arises as a reaction to a stroke received through an act, through a lack or omission or abuse due to a wrong dose, in other words, and in the following order (Dr. Hans Selye, Dr. Suzan Forward, Dr. Arthur Janov):
- contact causing a wound, whether physical (blow, difficult birth, argument, shout, slap, violence) or emotional (teasing, insult, discrediting, shaming);
- contact that is distant or lacking, whether physically (lack of breast-feeding, oxygen, early separation, abandonment, mourning) or emotionally (coldness, lack of toys, lack of tenderness and partaking, lack of rewarding or encouraging words);
- contact that is excessive or toxic, whether physically (too frequent solicitation, precocious pleasure, excessive stimulation, excessive pressure, harassment) or emotionally (brainwashing, control, poisoning, covetousness, excessive mothering, intrusion).
Six statistically verifiable global scourges
Statistically verifiable in official studies by international organizations, (World Health Organization, UNICEF…), six accruable scourges in life subject the world's population to stress on an epidemic scale from the moment of birth, with social consequences including problems with emotional ties (relationships, family), problems with engaging in positive actions (violence, passivity, destructiveness), problems with abuse (addiction, "stuffing", eating disorders, sexual pleasure, perversion) and health problems (fear – anxiety – distrust; restlessness – rumination - dissociation; exhaustion – depression - fatigue):
- Baby Stress (20% difficult birth, 50% lack of breastfeeding, 50% sleeping alone).
- Separation and abandonment (1 divorce for every 2 marriages, 10% early hospitalisation).
- Violence and accidents (65% hit, slapped, belittled at home; 25% at school).
- Sexual abuse (38% of women and 15% of men abused; 10% of perverts (male and female).
- Lack of affection (95% of people do not receive Chapman's 5 languages of love).
- Lack of information (in 2017, 95% of health professionals still do not know the human brain's 7 emotions and the 4 paths to human satisfaction).
The 3 reactions to stress
Stress is recognized through 3 reactions observed in all human beings (Dr. Henri Laborit):
- FREEZE: remain motionless in the face of the problem: let it go; play dead; clam up; curl up; don't think anything, don't feel anything, don't do anything; forget; wait; ruminate; become depressed.
- FLY: avoid the problem; run towards another, nicer solution or easy source of pleasure; try to feel and do well; make yourself or others happy; daydream; "space out"; dissociation; illusion; put on a front; stuffing; deceit; lying.
- FIGHT: overcome the problem; seek to master, to control, power or domination; face up or attack; healthy combativeness or physical, mental or sexual violence; efficiency in facing up to the problem or destructiveness with toxicity, abuse, feeling of guilt.
The 4 stages leading to a closed heart
The ill-being caused by stress takes over a person in four stages (Dr. Henri Laborit, Dr. Claude Steiner, Alice Miller, Dr. Peter Levine):
- Children live off stress caused by violence / blow, negligence / lack or excess / abuse.
- They can only accept it, or FREEZE, due to their position in the hierarchy of power and the OLD SCHOOL conditioning they are subjected to: "It's for your own good", "Be a good boy/girl and be quiet", "Don't say anything, there's no need to cause trouble", "Please people ", "Duty, tradition, family, shame", "Be strong, try hard", "Be perfect", "Anger, not nice"….
- They close up inside a defensive shell, wear a mask, their heart is icy, SHUT DOWN.
- They experience "stress bugs - side effects" (painful repetition, negative thoughts).
Impact on the person's functioning
FREEZING disrupts the 3 facets of the person's functioning by:
- Inhibiting feeling and the awareness of feelings (Dr. Antonio Damasio);
- Suppressing the real personality and preventing the healthy management of needs on the behavioural level (Dr. Henri Laborit, Dr. Marshall Rosenberg);
- Reversing positive thought about self or others, the constructive mind-set to succeed, confidence, belief in life (Dr. John Bradshaw).
The first consequence of SHUT DOWN is the rise of negative thoughts of powerlessness (anger, irritability) and incomprehension (sadness, solitude). If the level of stress is high, feelings of anxiety (fear, panic), revulsion (disgust, "dirty") and humiliation (shame, devastation) can also appear. Without emotional support or way out, and in this dead end of silence and denial, the nervous system and reptilian brain can set this cocktail alight, sparking hatred, despair, contempt or madness, with a destructiveness or toxicity against oneself or others. The human pressure-cooker is then prone to illness in the much wider sense of the word (Dr. Eric Berne). The extreme version of this state is CUT DOWN, the severing of human ties, which surfaces in psycho or horror stories. The destruction of filiation is a result of abuse (Dr. Vincent Laupies).
The social and economic cost of stress
The human, social and economic cost of stress is phenomenal. The sums allocated to eliminating it are huge: billions spent on tobacco, alcohol, drugs, medicines, emergency services, social assistance, justice, war… 900,000 people commit suicide each year (WHO). In the USA, 1 trillion dollars has been spent on the war on drugs since 1970.
Perhaps this has opened your eyes to the huge importance of stress, that little electric tension we have inside us that can lead to huge problems in the world?! Perhaps you would like to do something about it for you, your children, friends or family? Great, don't worry, we'll get there. We understand, because we've all been through it ourselves. We made the ISA programme for you, and the ISA programme needs you to make it a success. Below you will find the resources we propose sharing with you to move forward together.